Wednesday, April 13, 2011

SAAM Again.

Dear sweet baby Jesus I survived another Sexual Assault Awareness Month. This is like the gauntlet for advocates- we do an insane amount of shit in a tiny, tiny frame of time.

I did a seventeen mile walk for charity yesterday. I can barely move. I wore bedroom slippers to work today. Blisters on the bottom of my feet keep moving around when I step down and it feels fucking weird. Not to mention PAINFUL.

But it was for a great cause and a great lady, a young woman who is a survivor of childhood sexual abuse that organizes this walk every year across the state to raise awareness.

I have really bad heartburn.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I can't stand blisters. I always pop them and do the alcohol-antibiotic ointment-band aid/gauze routine.

    I have really bad finger pain.

    ReplyDelete